Saturday, November 24, 2012

I made some cartoons called Go Where The Love Is earlier this year, by accident, the stick people just came out and got all sensitive and deep on me, and I got carried away with it, then forgot about it, then went back and looked at the blog several months later only to discover it was well received and surprisingly liked. I know why. Because it came from the heart. And I posted links to it in all the sections on Reddit where people who are dealing with life issues (depression, anxiety, moving on, etc) hang out. I guess for once in my life I got it right. So I made another batch of them and those seem to be doing good too. I think maybe I should continue on with those, since people can identify with them (I think), but the only problem is it's not easy for me to stay open day in and day out in order to create them. By open I mean, in touch with all that is tender and raw and sensitive and honest. See I fare far more comfortably with the zany cartoons that border on insanity and goofy with a touch of hostility. I love to annoy unsuspecting folks with bad art.